Morgan Digital Blog

TikTok For Business: How to Grow Your Brand

TikTok For Business: How to Grow Your Brand

If you’re looking to have thousands of eyes on your business, TikTok is the place for you. 

With TikTok affecting over 80% of its user’s purchase decisions, there are unlimited opportunities for your brand to not only boost brand awareness but generate sales through the app! Here are our top tips on what to do to ensure success on TikTok! 

Where Do I Start?

Having a TikTok strategy is crucial for growth on the platform, so you must identify a set of goals and objectives, such as brand awareness, increase in sales or the development of a community. Once you have identified these goals, you can split your content into different groups; these are often referred to as content pillars. We recommend following the 80/20 rule, whereby 80% of your posts are valuable to your ideal audience consisting of educational, inspiring or entertaining posts, leaving the remaining 20% to consist of promotional posts. This is to increase the likelihood that your ideal customer will not only purchase from you but become a repeat customer and a loyal follower!

What Shall I Post on TikTok?

It’s important to note that TikTok is not a place for direct selling, but is a place where brands are encouraged to share their unique story, and their success and challenges are celebrated. Many brands are driven to share behind the scenes content, packaging videos, comedy around your niche and the benefits of your products or services to your ideal audience. You must provide value to your audience, or they will simply scroll past!

| Morgan Branding

How Do I Make a Good TikTok?

To create a successful TikTok, we have prepared a checklist that you can follow! 

  • Use trending music (you can sign up to our newsletter to receive free weekly trend ideas that can be applied to any niche!)
  • In the first 3-5 seconds of your video, you must hook your audience! Check out our TikTok for some hook ideas!
  • Use transitions to create a fast-paced video that will intrigue your audience and keep them watching. Transition tutorials will be posted on our TikTok soon so keep an eye out!
  • Tease the most important information and reveal it at the end! This is to ensure your watch time is long so the algorithm will push your video to more people! An example of this could be ‘secret discount code revealed at the end!’.
  • End the video with a CTA (Call to Action) to drive your viewers to follow a command such as ‘follow for more tips’ or ‘visit our website’!
  • Add roughly 5 hashtags within your niche!
  • Post every day if you can! 

How We Can Help

If you’re looking for additional support on TikTok, we have a range of packages including the development of a strategy, content creation, editing and posting! Alternatively, you can sign up to our newsletter for weekly TikTok growth tips, and follow our TikTok to stay up to date!

What we can do to help you:

More From The Morgan Branding Blog

The Best TikTok Tools 2023

The Best TikTok Tools 2023

TikTok is one of the biggest developing platforms for companies to expand their business. Digital marketing is increasingly becoming more popular and users are spending more time online when finding businesses. With the amount of opportunities the app offers, it is...

read more
2022 Marketing Trends

2022 Marketing Trends

As 2022 comes to an end, it’s time to start thinking about the marketing trends that will shape 2023. The world has changed massively; whether it’s economically or environmentally, which means businesses need to adapt and evolve with what's current.  From TikTok Live...

read more